Sunday, December 29, 2013

Removing Eyebrow Hair Without Bumps

I've had the problem of getting blemishes when I tweeze eyebrow hair close to the middle, in the general forehead area. All the other eyebrow hair is just fine getting pulled. I don't know why this happens, whether it's ingrown hairs, oils, or what. I wish it didn't ahh. But these are the methods I've found to minimize it a bit!

1. Keep the area moisturized.
I've noticed when my skin is drier the area is more prone to blemishes. My favorite moisturizer especially for the face is Curel, works wonders. Make sure your skin is not dry much in advance before you tweeze if possible.

2. Soap and exfoliate.
Get rid of the oils and dead skin cells! Make sure to keep your face clean overall. Don't exfoliate everyday though, as your skin may get even drier, opposing number 1, lol. I like to exfoliate even right before the tweezing.

3. Rinse with warm water beforehand.
This makes it easier to pull the hairs. I like to do the exfoliating and rinsing in the shower, because the water is already pretty warm/hot.

4. Clean your tweezer very thoroughly.
If the cause is oils and bacteria, then this is very important. No matter how clean the tweezer is, I like to clean it again right before I attempt to pluck eyebrow hairs, using soap and warm water, then with rubbing alcohol. Heck maybe boiling it or using an autoclave may even work, hahaha.

5. Make sure your tweezer is good.
If your tweezer doesn't usually get hair on the first pluck, it may be worth investing in a new one. I've found the Revlon brand tweezers have a very good grip.

6. Tweeze well.
Grab the hairs as close to the root as possible to minimize the risk of ingrown hairs. This is somewhat inevitable, but also try your best not to touch the tweezer to your skin to prevent any bacteria that may have been left to transfer.

7. Clean after.
A bit after tweezing, maybe try using a cleanser or something of the sort? Something that might kill germs. But stop if it causes more irritation! I used to apply rubbing alcohol on the area, but I don't really recommend it because it's bad since it may cause more dryness, etc.

8. Moisturize right after.
Yeah, just keep the area moisturized =.=

I hope this helps someone! And please let me know if you have more tips!! We can combat the evil blemishes together rahhh.

San

No comments:

Post a Comment