Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Amazing Cosmetics Concealer Review

After being in dire need of a new concealer, I got the Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer To Go at Sephora, for $28. They didn't have any other Amazing Cosmetics products, and after asking a Sephora employee, he directed me to the small checkout goodies and was nice enough to open the packages for me to try out. There were very limited colors, but the shade Medium Golden was the closest to my skin tone.


The concealer and a swatch. Which became a puddle.


Before and after concealer.

In certain lighting, this can look fine. This was my impression in-store after trying it out. The coverage is quite strong, and spreads out well. In my particular case, the color would look more orange in certain lighting over time. However, I've had that problem with another concealer, but that was not where my biggest issue with this lay. After a few hours, my under eye would look oily and cakey, like the concealer had conglomerated into little bits. It would fade over blemishes quickly as well. The consistency of this was quite oily/watery to begin with, and could come out separated, which probably contributed to that.

Maybe this product will work better on different skin types, and tones for sure, but for me, this product was not worth the hype nor price, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment