Sunday, December 22, 2013

Mascara Getting on Your Eyelids: Tip!

We've all heard of mascara guards/shields and the business card trick, and if you haven't, it's where you use a business card, keeping it against your eyelid, behind your lashes, to keep the mascara from getting on your eyelids during application, saving your precious previously-applied eyeshadow. I hate doing makeup over again after accidentally wiping a bit of it off =.=' And using a card to protect my makeup, I feel that I am able to more thoroughly coat my lashes because I'm not scared that the brush will touch my eyelid!

This is the alternative I use! It's handy if you don't have access to business cards, or feel bad about taking others' cards only to use them for your makeup, haha!

All you need are some scissors and some regular 3x5 index cards. They are so inexpensive and can be bought anywhere, even dollar stores! 


I like to divide one index card into fourths. I fold the index card length and width wise, and make fold marks on the edges to know where the half-points are. The snip away!


Quadruple your money!

Then keep them next to your mascara to keep your eyelids clean. If you want you can even cut them even more to shape them to match the shape of your eyelid so you don't have shift the card as you apply the mascara in sections.

Just hold it flat against your eyelid starting from your lashline, and apply your mascara away! You can also use them for your bottom lashes.





All on the little card, none on the lids! 
Remember to use all the edges.

Cutting index cards like this is also great when you need to study - originally I did this because I always ran out of flash cards (the woes of being a college student). No need to waste the whole index card if you're only going to write a word or a short phrase on them!

San

No comments:

Post a Comment