Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sephora Lipsticks Reviews & Swatches: Rogue & Lip Attitude Glamour

I got these Sephora Collection lipsticks when I wanted to dip into "higher-end" lipsticks without actually buying $20+ ones :P They come from the high-end Sephora store, but are these even considered higher end? I don't even know.

When I bought the second one, it was called Lip Attitude Glamour, however, as I can no longer find it on the website, it may be called Rogue Shine now. Anyone know if this is the case? Anyways, I will be reviewing the Sephora Rogue & Lip Attitude Glamour lipsticks separately as they give quite different impressions! 

Sephora Rogue on the left & Lip Attitude Glamour on the right.





Names of the lipsticks on the inside. No color names, just the number.



Sephora Rogue R18 Oh Oh!, Lip Attitude Glamour G05 Pink Caress
swatches, respectively


Sephora Rogue

Sephora Rogue R18 Oh Oh!
The color is described as a muted pinky brown.


Packaging: 
Very minimal with it's all black exterior, and I didn't even notice that the bottom said "Sephora" for quite some time. While I don't particularly enjoy the way the cap takes up the whole body of it, it seems to be relatively durable.

Formula: 
Quite creamy lipstick! It has a tiny bit of that lipstick scent/taste, just beware.

Color: 
Excellent color. The most pigmented lipstick I own, by far. I love playing with this because it's practically like paint! While it is described as a "muted pinky brown" I found it to be a quite reddish vampy color on my skin tone, which I love. There is a tiny bit of shine that isn't so noticeable, which I like!

Lasting:  
Lasts long, especially with all that pigment! Even when I try to take it off, there's still a bit of a tint and I have to use Pond's Cold Cream to get completely off :P

Price: 
When I bought this two to three years ago, it was $10, but it looks like it's went up to $12.50. A bit pricey, but still about half of higher-end lipsticks, however, not half the quality!

Overall: 
An amazing, highly-pigmented lipstick. Would buy again. In fact, I did when I lost my first one in high school. Silly little sophomore, wearing red lipstick to school :P That's how much I like this lipstick!


Lip Attitude Glamour (or Sephora Rogue Shine?)

Bare lips for comparison.

Lip Attitude Glamour G05 Pink Caress


Packaging: 
Much prettier shiny case :) But again, I don't like the cap taking up nearly the whole thing.

Formula: 
Goes on pretty smooth and wet. Unlike other pink sheer lipsticks, it doesn't settle into the lines of the lips! It feels pretty hydrating, too.

Color: 
Being a sheer lipstick, and making very little color difference on my lips, I'm surprised at how much I like this! While I'm not so partial to the shiny lip, this one gives just the right amount of sheer pinkness and gloss that make the lips look like... pretty "pink slugs". I read that in a children's book once I believe. Ahem.

Lasting:  
Lasts okay, but like with most glossy lip products, you'll need to reapply after a bit. 

Price: 
This was also $10 when I first bought it (and if they did indeed just change the name it would have went up to $12.50), which I feel is a bit high for a sheer lipstick. I would be more willing to pay higher prices for pigmented lipsticks rather than sheer ones, even if they're really good like this one!

Overall: 
A pretty, sheer lipstick that I enjoy quite much.

~

I hope you enjoyed this review, albeit being a bit outdated! :1

Here's some extra pics when I was having a bit of fun. It's srsly like paint man. Can you tell I don't have a lip brush handy?


No comments:

Post a Comment