Friday, December 20, 2013

Mascara For Monolids

Having monolids, I have given up hope on having visible lashes time after time. My lashes are quite straight and any curl I try has always just been pushed down by my lids. Heavy false lashes seemed to be the only thing that could make me look like I had any lashes at all.

But!!! After much trial and error and research, I've now been able to hold a curl in my stubborn lashes! Someone on Soompi had an explanation of this kind of technique, and these are the products and variations I use to make it work for me! Take that lashes!

You'll need:

- full eyelash curler
- partial eyelash curler
- dry formula mascara
- volumizing mascara


It's double the products I thought I would originally need, but it gets the job done!
Important: Make sure the mascaras you use are waterproof and not too wet, this will all help keep your curl.


Step 1: Curl lashes with a full eyelash curler.

For this step, I think any normal eyelash curler you have would work. Personally, I've used a Lacross one and the Revlon Extra Curl Lash Curler (the red and black one). Important: always when curling (with either full or partial curlers), squeeze the eyelash curler multiple times in succession!!! No need to do the squeeze and hold for a while method with this technique. If your lashes are anything as stubborn as mine, they probably won't look all too impressive at this stage still.




Step 2: Curl lashes with a partial eyelash curler.

The full eyelash curler never does the whole trick for me. I need to really curl each section with one of these babies to get an actual curl! I got mine from Daiso. It's a bit more like bending the lashes to an upright position where they are actually visible. I curl from the outside corner of the lash, going inwards. Now once your lashes are nice and curled in the position you want them to stay...





They might look something like this at this point!




Step 3: Apply a dry mascara.
Use whatever mascara you have that you feel has the driest formula that helps hold a curl (make sure it hasn't been past 6 months when you first used it of course!). I use the Maybelline Define A Lash Lengthening mascara in the waterproof version. Coat your lashes a couple times. You want your lashes to still be relatively dry. Important: Do not put too much! Otherwise, your lashes would just get heavy and fall.




Step 4: Curl lashes with a full eyelash curler, again.
Curl your lashes with the dry mascara with your full eyelash curler. Your eyelash curlers will get mascara residue on them, so using this method you'll need to clean them regularly (hand soap and warm water works great).





Step 5: Apply a volumizing mascara.
My favorite to use is the Maybelline Falsies in the waterproof version. Coat your lashes, but again, don't ever clump it on.








And viola! Your lashes should have a curl that generally stays in place, just stay away from humidity and crying as that tends to undo all of your hardwork, haha. If you want you can once again curl with the full curler and add one more light coat of the second mascara, just to make sure.



Ta-dah! Curled lashes at last!

Did this work for you? Do you have other ways to keep a curl in place? Let me know!

San

P.S. I just got back from walking in the snow to and from a friend's house and my lashes are still visible! Hope y'all stay warm if it's cold where you live and happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment