Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Makeup Hiatus

Although I love cosmetics and beauty-related everythings, I have taken a break from it in everyday life.

Since year ten, when I started wearing makeup daily, I became dependent on it. I gained the kind of mindset that I couldn't leave the house wearing some sort of eyeliner, because I hated my monolids and felt like I had found a way to hide them. Because this was also the year that I started talking to people and made friends, I thought that I wouldn't be confident enough and couldn't meet people unless I had my "mask" on.

This went on for about three years.

Towards the end of year twelve while I was attending community college, I was able to not wear any makeup on some days. I decided it no longer mattered.

Since the beginning of this term, I have worn full makeup a grand total of three times. And I've still been able to do great in class, been able to meet new people, be myself and confident. All without makeup.

I would occasionally wear a bit of mascara and liner, but I wouldn't do the full routine nor allow it to take more than 15 minutes. The amount of time and stress it saves me to not have to wake up so early in the morning was kind of life-changing. To be able to wake up just half an hour before leaving for class was really worth it. Not to mention giving your skin a break from concealer or foundation can let it breathe more and improve redness. Having your face so bare and natural, nothing feel heavy is just amazing, especially when you're able to go out in it.

All in all, if you've ever felt dependent on makeup like I have, try taking a break, even for just a day. It feels so much healthier, saves so much time, stress, and makes you feel more confident in who you are. The inside is what counts. Focus on doing what you love, because you're beautiful with makeup or without!


xo San

No comments:

Post a Comment