Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I Got My Ears Pierced At Claire's/Icing

...when I was 19 years old. I was never allowed to get my ears pierced when I was younger, despite my desire to wear earrings. I'd used clip-ons when I was in grade school, but the kinds back then hurt (they seem to be better now) and the variety was limited.

I was walking around an outlet mall in Orlando, during my last month of living there, with the idea of getting my ears pierced floating around. I'd watched a baby and a small girl gotten theirs done at Claire's. After a bit more window-shopping, I ended up at the Icing by Claire's shop, and decided to do the deed.

My piercer was my age, and was nice. I picked out gold studs, with small pearls on them. She used a piercing gun (which is not as safe as a needle, but there were no other piercing shops I had access to at the time), and it was quick and nearly painless - just a prick, like a doctor's needle. No blood or lasting pain.


Ta-dah! Quite like them. 

I got the care instructions and the cleaning solution, which I had to use 3x a day. One of things I was most scared about piercings was getting infections or scarring, and it's been completely fine. It was around $50, and I was quite happy with the experience, although one of the piercing's placement was lower than the other, and knowing it would bother me forever, I took it out for a day to let it heal and I decided to have it taken out and redone back home (needle, much more pain, blood).

I'm at the point where I can change out the studs now, and I'm excited to try out new earrings that I've only been able to eye before!

No comments:

Post a Comment