Saturday, February 14, 2015

Dueba DM23 Brown Circle Lens Review

After over three years of wanting circle lens, I have finally realized that I have a form of financial purchasing capability with a debit card, and bought some while I'm down here. (Written when I was in Florida.) I wanted to get a natural-looking brown lens with some light tones, and after much fun searching through blog reviews and pictures (over the course of those years too lol), I decided on the Dueba/Barbie DM23 Brown with a prescription of -1.75 from Pinky Paradise. Being my first time, I wanted to order from a reliable website, and I've heard good things about it.

I ordered with an express form of shipping (not wanting to risk being sent the lenses after I no longer resided in the apartment address I gave), and it came pretty quickly, a week later. One of the most exciting packages I've ever gotten after years of anticipation, haha. I finally have circle lenses!


The lenses in the bottles they arrived in + the free macaron case! ft. my DCP bathroom


The lens in solution.


Left: natural eye. Right: w/ DM 23's on.

The diameter of these are 14.5 mm. Enlargement is present, and borders on fairly natural. The color was darker than I expected, and is extremely natural. The darker outer ring blends into the center color and the eye quite well.

In terms of comfort, as expected, the lenses didn't feel the same as my regular contacts, and I could feel the lenses especially when I blinked. But after insertion and a couple minutes, I barely feel them. I can see out of these just like my regular contacts, which is convenient. However, I did feel dizzy while and after wearing them. I believe it's due to the prescription, despite it being my exact optometrist-prescribed prescription level, because I don't believe it's due to the clear area of the contact being too small, and if I were to do it again, I would probably order these plano. 

These are overall nice circle lenses, although I wish they didn't make me dizzy. I hope to find a lighter brown circle lens with a more distinct outer ring in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment