Sunday, February 15, 2015

G&G Shinny Grey (Puffy 3 Tone) Circle Lens Review

I ordered the G&G Shinny Grey circle lenses, otherwise known as Puffy 3 Tones, during the free shipping promo at Pinky Paradise. They took around 3 weeks to arrive, which is how long I expected international orders to take anyway, and it was worth it for free shipping.

I wanted these for my cosplay with a character with blue eyes, but I thought grey would be more natural and still give the light- and cool-coloured effect. I originally wanted the EOS New Adult Grey lenses, but the site did not have any plano lenses left.


What was in the package: the lenses, a purple elephant case (cute!), and a velcro hair ribbon. I didn't get that last time, so that was neat!


The lens in solution.


Left: natural eye. Right: w/ Shinny Greys.

I opted for plano (-0.00) lenses to attempt to eliminate the dizziness I felt in the previous lenses I tried. It's a shame I can't use them to see better, but I have not felt dizzy with these lenses yet! They are comfortable to wear, and I don't feel them anymore than regular contacts.

The color of these are very pretty and opaque - the natural eye color does not bleed through at all. The Shinny Greys have more of a yellow color near the iris, which makes it somewhat more natural-looking and is a nice effect. At 14.5 mm, there is slight, but not too crazy, enlargement, which I think is perfect.

These lenses were definitely a worth it purchase, and I look forward to using them for cosplay looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment