Monday, January 20, 2014

How Much Makeup Is Too Much Makeup?

In my personal experience, there was a point in my becoming-a-teenager phase where any hint of makeup at all was the most attractive thing ever. Perhaps I continued to think this way because I wasn't permitted to use any of it until I was fifteen, which, looking back, was still pretty early. And like I've written so many times before, I became reliant on makeup and the appearance providing me with confidence.

But after my abrupt halt in makeup usage, being exposed to so many photographs of natural style models, and then meeting and becoming close to people who didn't find makeup so attractive (and people who did), it made me realize how it felt like the makeup I would wear when I would actually try (lol) really did feel like too much for me at that point. Not only that, but I felt prettier when I wore my minimal ten minute makeup routine face. (Which is very necessary when you get up at 5am for commute.) Fifteen-year-old me would have never believed that in a hundred-- well, four years haha.

So all in all, it's however much makeup you think is right for you and what makes you happy. It changes from person to person and experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment