Saturday, January 18, 2014

How To Get Straighter Brows

Straight brows are very prevalent among Korean models especially. They give a very youthful look and adds more focus to the eyes in my opinion! Larger foreheads seem to be popular in Asian countries, and straight brows also give more emphasis to the forehead.

I used to be confused about how to make my eyebrows straighter with the eyebrows that I have, as they always ended up rounded or some other unwanted shape. But with experience I realized it was just a matter of tweezing and filling spaces that might have been forgotten, such as the ends and tops of the brows. I by no means have perfect completely straight brows! But this is the process I use to make them straighter.

Here's the straightest I got my brows last summer using these methods huehue.

Minimally, all you need is a hair removal tool (tweezer or razor) and way to fill in your brows (shadow or powder or pencil)!

Products used:
- Revlon tweezer
- small Razor (Daiso brand, comes in set)
- NYX Eyeshadow Single in Dark Brown
- small angle brush
-or, brow pencil
-concealer (optional)
-white eyeliner pencil (optional)




Step 1: Figure out the shape you're going for.
Here are unkempt brows. Comb them if necessary to make the hairs go in the direction they usually grow. I find the naturally straightest area to work with and decide the relative thickness. If you'd like, you could even draw with white eyeliner around the area to make things easier.



Step 2: Fill in the areas that are lacking.
Within your imaginary lines, fill in the spaces that lack brow hair with the small angle brush and eyeshadow/brow powder (or eyebrow pencil) that is closest to your brow color.

Pictured below are the general areas that I would fill in.




Step 3: Remove the unwanted areas.
Using the areas you just filled in as a guide, remove the areas of hair that protrude from the straight imaginary area of your natural eyebrow that you planned out earlier. You can do this using a razor, which is especially helpful the first time you attempt this because it gives a much straighter edge, but once you know the shape you're going for, using a tweezer makes longer results.




Step 4: Conceal.
I didn't use it here, but if you wish to, you can use a concealer above and below the brow to make them appear even straighter!


Done!

I don't want to deviate too far from my natural brow shape, but overall they are much straighter than before. I hope this helps somebody :)

No comments:

Post a Comment