Friday, January 3, 2014

Revlon Lip Butter Review & Swatches

I got a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter lipstick a couple years ago after hearing them being raved about. A product that was like a lipstick mixed with a lipbalm was something that I had to try.


 I have accumulated three colors since then: 095 Creme Brulee, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 085 Sugar Plum.





095 Creme Brulee, 080 Strawberry Shortcake, 085 Sugar Plum
swatches, respectively

Here are my plain lips with just lipbalm on for a better comparison.


095 Creme Brulee
This is sheer, with very little pigmentation if any at all. I was hoping for a nude version of my first Lip Butter but it's quite clear. It gives off a lot of shine though and gives a lipgloss-like finish!


080 Strawberry Shortcake
A relatively sheer bubblegum pink. The color payoff is apparent, although a bit blotchy as it sets into the lines of the lips a bit.



085 Sugar Plum
This was my first Lip Butter and my favorite out of the three I own! It is the most pigmented of the three, more so than in the picture. The color is quite nice, a dark pink with a hint of violet, which I enjoyed wearing daily in junior year!


Packaging: 
Nice practical plastic packaging, with a shiny interior. I like the diamond design on the sides and the cute little window on the top! However, I dropped one of them on the carpet once and it cracked a tiny bit, but the product is still fine!

Formula: 
One of the nicest formulas of a lipstick product I have tried! It feels very moisturizing and glides on so smoothly.

Color: 
Not exactly a burst of color, as the colors I've tried are mostly sheer, but the ones that do have more pigmentation are quite nice in terms of color payoff. They are glossy and not matte, which I don't prefer, but is expected of a moisturizing type product!

Lasting:  
The Lip Butter I used to wear daily would be mostly gone after a one to two hour class, and I would have to reapply, but it's not a problem with how easy these are to glide and put on.

Price: 
It doesn't exceed or is that close to $10, being only about $6-8, they are a fair deal for the nice formula you get!

Overall: 
Feels great on the lips with some good colors. I would recommend trying these out very much!

I hope this helps someone in their decision to try these out! This is the first of a series of reviews as I will be sharing thoughts on the rest of the lip products that I've bought through the years as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment