Friday, November 28, 2014

Boost Your Confidence By Changing 1 Thing In Your House

As a kid, I wasn't the prettiest. But looking back, I saw myself as worse than I could have. Recently, I've realized one thing that greatly contributed to it...

Lighting.

That's right. Every time I looked at my reflection, I could see every imperfection in that bathroom mirror highlighted - parts of myself that most likely weren't even visible when going to the school building or even just after stepping out of the bathroom!

My current bathroom had a couple bulbs go out, and one of them were replaced with a super bright fluorescent bulb. That's when a lightbulb went off (ha, ha) and I realized, if you want good light when you're taking photos, why not have good light where you see yourself daily?

Mirror pics are usually closer to the way we see ourselves, aren't they?

Your bathroom lighting could be affected by a number of things: type, number of bulbs, location, and amount of outdoor light seeping in. We should be accepting of our superficial imperfections because you're beautiful the way you are. My suggestion would be to adjust the lighting of your mirror in a way that feels flattering to you. By no means does it have to be glamorous movie lighting, but you deserve to see yourself as pretty as you look at your reflection every morning! :)

xo San

No comments:

Post a Comment