Sunday, January 5, 2014

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Review & Swatches

With such regal purple packaging and a name like "moisture renew", this was a must-try product during my lipstick search.





These are the two colors I own: 220 Pink Chic, 300 Rose Blush.



220 Pink Chic, 300 Rose Blush
swatches, respectively


220 Pink Chic


300 Rose Blush

Packaging: 
The packaging is just gorgeous. From the purple shiny exterior to the crown embellishment, it looks super luxurious! The cap also fits snugly with a click, not flimsy at all.

Formula: 
This lipstick is quite creamy, and glides on without any trouble. And it does indeed feel moisturizing! There is a bit of a interesting flowery lipstick scent that I'm not sure if I like or not, but it's nothing so bad imo!

Color: 
The colors of these really show and are quite close to the shade on the sticker label on the bottom! However, again, it's a glossy and not matte finish, which I'm not partial to.

Lasting:  
These last for a generally good deal of time before having to reapply.

Price: 
At around $6, this is an excellent deal! Especially for sixteen-year-old me back then who was just trying out all sorts of makeup when I got this, so I couldn't afford to spend too much!

Overall: 
100% recommend if you're looking for a nice drugstore glossy lipstick! During my lipstick trials and errors, I stopped after purchasing so many lipsticks because I found what I was looking for, a nicely pigmented lipstick at drugstore price!

Hope you enjoyed this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment